Sunday, January 24, 2010
Thing #3
When I am a teacher I would like to use a blog in my classroom to keep in contact with parents. I plan on becoming a special education teacher and through a blog i can keep parents informed on what activities are happening in class as well as school. By posting assignments and expectations online parents and students will know where to look if they have questions. Through the blog I will be able to communicate with students and parents quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am going to be a sped teacher as well. I totally agree with you about a quick way to communicate with parents. In sped, some kids will not be able to go home and tell what they are expected to do or bring in order to be prepared for the next days assignments. Blogging offeres a way of staying in contact with the parents so they are informed as to what is expected of the students.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that having a blog will be beneficial in our classrooms one day. All of society is changing and getting more and more into technology and blogging will be a great way for us to stay in contact with parents and students easier. It could also be a way for parents to have confidence in the teacher if we are able to post pictures of our activities and assignments so they know what is going on.
ReplyDelete