Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thing # 15

So a wiki is a webstie that allows users to edit and add content to it easily. This means that people (like me) who are not good with computers can go in and add their information or opinion to a wiki. The downside to this is that ANYONE can make changes. This includes people who don't know what they are writing about. The wiki that most people have heard of is probably wikipedia (scary because I know a ton of people who use this religiously & believe everything they read on it). The great thing about using a wiki is that a group can collaborate through it. Using wikis (like wikipedia and others such as book lovers wiki) is great to find general information about a topic. On the apsu23Thingssandbox I added to the Photos and Images section. It was nice to read that other people enjoyed learning about that as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment