Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Thing # 18
I already have accounts with both Fackbook and MySpace. I use Facebook almost daily (MySpace not so much). What is great about these sites is that you can use them to communicate with people that you know without having to know their email address. I find people I have not seen in a while all the time on Facebook and it makes it easy to catch up. It puts your friends all in one place and makes it easy to communicate. The down side is that people can read almost anything that you post so you have to be careful about what you say. I think that it is important for educators to understand how social networking sites work so they can use them. It is also important for educators to understand what their students are interested in and this unique way of communication is a big part of some students lives. I think that Facebook or MySpace could be used for the classroom but I wouldn't use it. I think that students have a tendency to forget that what they post on sites like MySpace and Facebook can be seen by more people than they think. I think that when I'm a teacher I won't want to be "friends" with my students on either of these sites because I will want them to have privacy to talk to their friends on there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment