Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Thing # 16
For a start pages I used iGoogle (I actually already had one) and I love it. It puts the weather, headlines, your mama jokes, and a calender all in the same spot. This is helpful because I usually sit around and watch the news all morning waiting for the weather to come on. On my desktop I actually already have some similar Google Gadgets so its basically like putting all of those onto a web page. I wouldn't make this my homepage because I use apsu.edu as my homepage. The plus side of using online calenders is that you can access them from any computer. Being able to see everything broken down into time slots is also a plus. As far as online calenders go I'm not impressed with any that I have seen. I tried to use the MSN Calender but I didn't really like it (probably because I prefer to have everything hand written.) But who knows, maybe one day I'll learn to like them. I tried to use remember the milk as a to do list, but like the online calenders I would rather hand write these as well. Out of all of the tools that I tried out today I would recommend iGoogle to everyone because you can make it your customized homepage. I will probably use these tools in the future to help me become more organized (and I will certainly use iGoogle again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment